You don't need to go out to have fun. Whether you're stuck at home because of the weather or just don't feel like going anywhere, a little creativity can go a long way toward keeping everyone entertained. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Play a game: Play a board game you already have, make your own board game, or play a tabletop game using a paper football. Have a family video game tournament. Break out a deck of cards and learn a new game.
- Storytime: Read a book to your kids, or have them read to you. Make cards with different characters, settings, and items and create stories by drawing random cards.
- Have a dance party: Put on some tunes and rock out. Learn a new line dance from YouTube. Sing along karaoke-style or break out the air guitar.
- Make a project: Check out the "Creative Projects" link above for tons of craft ideas or see what you have lying around and think outside the box.
- Bake or cook: Search online or break out the cookbooks for a fun new recipe. Teach your kids a family favorite. Get creative in decorating cookies or cupcakes.
- Put on a show: Make sock puppets and tell a story. Turn off the lights and make shadow puppets. Write and perform a short play. Make a couple of instruments and put on a concert. Be a comedian.
- Go "shopping": Seal up some empty food boxes and other packages. Stock the shelves and pretend to shop and check out.
- Build something: Dig out a bin of legos. Break out a stack of miscellaneous boxes. Stack a deck of cards.